Local Area Unemployment Summaries Dashboard
A new data interactive by the Washington State Employment Security Department, Labor Market and Economic Analysis
by Trends Staff
While we won’t argue this is the flashiest data interactive we’ve highlighted here, it still provides an easy way to consume more than a handful of information.
Authored by the Washington State Employment Security Division, the Local Area Unemployment Summaries Dashboard is more about the motor, transmission, and drivetrain, and less about any bells and whistles. In other words, if you are interested in unemployment data at the county-level in Washington State, you’ll like this data interactive and we recommend taking it for a test drive with no obligation to buy.
Showing October 2020 as current with the November update likely coming at the end of December, the five main filters include:
- Unemployment Rate, Employment, and Unemployment
- Unemployment Rate from January 2017 through current (Oct 2020). (includes Civilian Labor Force Participation Rate) for current and previous month 2020. Also includes Unemployment Rate, Employment, and Unemployment numbers for current and previous month, and comparisons for 2017-2019.
- Nonfarm Industry Employment
- Detail by industry for current and previous month, and comparisons for 2017-2019.
- Labor Force Participation Rate – Annual 1976 through 2017
- Direct comparison of Washington State and the U.S.
- Labor Force Participation Rate, Annual, by County 2009-2017
- Select one, some, or all counties to compare with the state.
- Labor Force Participation Rate, Annual, by County – Map 2009-2017
- Select a year to see all counties in a map view.
The Unemployment Rate, Employment, and Unemployment, Nonfarm Industry Employment, and Labor Force Participation Rate, Annual, by County 2009-2017 filters have an additional filter in a dropdown menu titled “Select County/Counties”.
Check back each month to see new data.